In Step 2 you are required to complete the business and legal requirements to establish your account with Afilias, the .aero Registry Operator. Step Two can be performed in parallel with Step 3.
Please complete all documents in Step 2 and submit to Afilias Limited (Afilias) at the address listed below:
Afilias USA, Inc.
Building 3, Suite 105
300 Welsh Road
Horsham, PA 19044
Registry Registrar Agreement (RRA)
The Registry Registrar Agreement (RRA) is the contract between Afilias and the registrar.
In the RRA, please fill in:
- Page 1: Your company's legally registered name (as listed on your ICANN accreditation), place and type of incorporation, and the address of your principle place of business.
- Page 11, section 6.2: Your state and/or country of incorporation.
- Page 15, section 10.2: Addresses, phone and fax numbers where you would like legal notices to be sent to you.
- Page 17: Registrar signature block of the RRA. Please leave the "Effective Date" blank. It will be completed by Afilias.
- Page 22, Exhibit C: Attach a copy of your FULL Registration Agreement (the contract you have with your registrants), which includes the requirements listed in the RRA.
Please return the three (3) signed original RRAs to the address listed above.
Registrar Financial Information
In order to open your account, you must provide some form of payment security to Afilias. Afilias permits two forms of payment security: Cash Deposit or Letter of Credit.
- Cash Deposit: A Registrar wire transfers funds to an Afilias bank account. Billable transactions are debited against the Registrar's account. Exhibit A outlines the wire transfer requirements and banking information.
- Letter of Credit: A Registrar arranges an irrevocable transferable stand-by Letter of Credit from an acceptable bank to provide security for the Registrars' satisfaction of their obligations under the Registry-Registrar agreement. Exhibit B outlines the requirements for the Letter of Credit. Exhibit C is the Letter of Credit format required by Afilias' bank. If you need further assistance, please contact our Registrar Financial Services Department at +353 1 431 0511 or +1 (215) 706-5700. Afilias will notify the Registrar's Billing Contact #1 by e-mail as to whether or not the format of the irrevocable Letter of Credit is acceptable. If you expect the total cost of your registrations to exceed the amount in the Letter of Credit, you are advised to submit with the irrevocable Letter of Credit a Cash Deposit for an amount at least equal to this anticipated excess. The Registrar will be invoiced by Afilias and is responsible for paying the invoice in order to replenish the guaranteed credit limit.
A copy of the Registrar Financial Information Form is included in the welcome kit. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL FIELDS ON THE FORM. Please return the signed original Financial Information Form and Letter of Credit to Afilias.
Also, please read Afilias' Credit and Payment Policy document.
Company Formation documents
Please submit a copy of your company formation documents to verify your legal identity when entering into an agreement with Afilias.
Please provide a certificate of insurance per the requirements listed in the RRA.
Checklist for Step 2
Afilias expects the following documents to be returned:
- Three (3) signed original Registry Registrar Agreements
- One (1) signed original Registrar Financial Information Form
- Payment security - cash deposit or an irrevocable letter of credit from a bank
- Copy of your company's formation documents
- Copy of your company's insurance certificate